Thursday 9 February 2012

Add a splash of springtime colour

I'm sat at my PC, looking out of the window and if it weren't for the fact I'm wearing my thermal socks, 3 jumpers and a woolly scarf, I'd be forgiven for thinking it was a warm day out there. The sky is a hazy blue, the sun is shining and I can hear birds tweeting and a lawnmower cutting grass. Look/sounds like a warm spring day to you? Thought so!

The fresh fragrace of spring courtesy of Designers Guild's lime flowers, mimosa & rose candles

I've spent a few hours this morning researching and writing an article for Devon Life's April issue, which is all about 'bringing the outdoors in' and I am just so delighted with all of the beatiful new collections that both designers and high street retailers have brought out for this spring/summer. So without further ado, let me inspire you with the first big trend this coming season;

COLOUR

Hooray, yes yes, I LOVE colour. I love all the colours of the rainbow and this spring you have the pick of the bunch. From neon brights to pastel pales, the choices are endless.



The John Lewis Playnation range injects some much needed fun into our homes. Celebrating colour, the palette utilises a core base of neutrals in conjunction with chalky pastels and pops of acid brights. The look combines a mid-century sensibility with a subtle hint of 60’s retro; practical pieces of storage sit alongside playful flourishes, such as animal motifs and vibrant textiles. The collection also includes stacking candlesticks and fun fabrics, featuring painterly effects and zingy floral prints. What do you think? I think it is brilliant, any excuse to inject some colour into your kitchen or dining room...go check out the range..


Well, what can I say?! For all lovers of colour, whether you prefer graphic prints, stripes and bold statements or if pretty butterflies, flowers and all things nature are more your thing, at these prices H&M has yet again come up trumps. Click here to view all the products in the range.

Marks & Spencer, Laura Ashley (more on them to come in a blog coming soon), BHS, House of Fraser, Anthropologie...all of the High Street retailers really have come up trumps in terms of offering bright, cheery and uplifting ranges this season. Go on, indulge yourself!

www.homerestyler.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment