Thursday 24 January 2013

Some simple tips about colours for your interiors

I am quite easily confused. It's shame but I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm also super organised. And in an organised manner, I efficiently put things in places that I think are logical, then I change my mind and move them somewhere else. When I go to look for them, I go back to the original place and can never find them because they are of course no longer there. Grrr I get sooo cross with myself! Due to the aforementioned facts, I have decided that my blog might actually be a good place to store things because a) I'm here most days and b) it's a great place to share things I think you might like too.

Going back to being easily confused, if you were to put me on the spot and quiz me about hues, shades, tints & tones, although I know all abut them, I guarantee I'd get my knickers in a twist and mix them all up! So today I am storing and sharing my helpful hints about helpful things to know about colour right here.

Home Restyler's Simple Colour Tips

Tint
  • Often called a pastel, a tint is a created by adding white to any pure colour
  • It increases lightness to create a more feminine, soft and soothing colour scheme
  • Tints are ideal in bedrooms & bathrooms


Shade
  • A shade is simply any colour which has had black added to it
  • It reduces lightness to create a moodier, richer and mysterious palette
  • Shades are effective in dining rooms, living rooms and bedrooms

Abigail Ahern, the queen of dark and mysterious interiors

Tone
  • A tone is a pure colour that has had both black + white = grey added to it
  • It dulls the original colour making it more modern, complex and sophisticated 
  • Tones are great in all interior spaces as they will work with all colour schemes



Lesson over, but one to bookmark for me, when I get my knickers in a twist and for you, if you don't know your tint from your tone. I hope this has helped *smile*


No comments:

Post a Comment