Saturday 23 July 2011

Before & After furniture restyle: vintage small chest of drawers

Ooh, I'm pleased with the outcome of this one, it's so pretty it's ever so tempting to keep it all for myself :)
Before
Today's furniture restyle is a lovely distressed, painted 2 drawer wooden chest (h68 w62 d43cm) which has a pretty floral carving along the front of the unit underneath the top ledge. 

After



I have painted it with two coats of Annie Sloan chalk paints (carcass Old White, drawer fronts Duck Egg Blue) and also rubbed in two coats of wax. I have kept the original handles as they are so beautiful and finish off the unit perfectly. The drawers are currently unlined but I can line with pretty wallpaper if desired. This would sit beautifully in a guest bedroom or on a landing, but could be used in any room in the house, as long as it gets put somewhere it can be seen!





If you are interested in buying this item please leave a comment here or email me at katey@homerestyler.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment