Tuesday 9 August 2011

Before & After furniture restyle: Scandi stool

This Autumn/Winter Scandi style is going to be a big thing. So when I was working on my latest furniture restyle, I thought I'd make-over this beautiful little footstool to give it a fresh, light, Scandi feel but with more of a summery edge. The stool has a lovely floral carving all the way around the edge, which I sanded down after painting to let it show through.


Tiny footstool - before


Scandi stool after: coastal relaxing


Scandi stool after: the detail

I painted the stool in Annie Sloan Old White, waxed it and sanded it down to give it a worn, distressed look and covered the seat in a gorgeous patterned heavy upholstery fabric and edged it in a mid-blue braid.

I have to say I really love this stool and would very much like to keep it for myself, but it doesn't go with the style of my house - boo hoo! The owner of the wonderful seaside shed where I shot the images of the stool is also rather partial to it!


www.homerestyler.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment